There are multiple international flights in service from neighboring cities overseas (e.g., Russia, Korea, China and Taiwan) to Niigata Airport. There are also plenty of domestic flights from Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and other major cities in Japan. It takes approximately 25 minutes by airport shuttle bus from Niigata Airport to Niigata Station in the center of Niigata. There are also shuttle buses in service to the hot springs.
● JR East Pass (Nagano, Niigata area): Unlimited rides on the JR lines (including the Shinkansen) in the Kanto and Joshinetsu areas
● JR TOKYO Wide Pass: Unlimited rides on the JR lines (including the Shinkansen) in the Kanto area centered on Tokyo
● Hokuriku Arch Pass: Unlimited rides in reserved seats and non-reserved seats in ordinary carriages in the Shinkansen in the free area of Kansai Airport - Kansai area (environs of Osaka) - Hokuriku area (environs of Kanazawa) - Tokyo area - Narita / Haneda Airport
Furthermore, unique sightseeing trains (trains with art on them and trains on which you can drink sake) are in service. This means you can also enjoy the time when you are traveling.
● Genbi Shinkansen: Echigo Yuzawa to Niigata
● Koshino Shukura: Joetsu Myoko to Tokamachi etc.
● Kirakira Uetsu: Niigata to Sakata etc.
● SL Banetsu Monogatari: Niitsu to Aizu Wakamatsu etc.
Boats depart from Niigata Port and Naoetsu Port to Sado, from Iwafune Port to Awashima, and from Niigata Port to Otaru. Please have fun on a trip to an island where time passes slowly on a swaying boat.